Learn to see the built environment in a new way
Built Curious urban design walks help you see the profound connection between the design of streets, buildings, and public spaces and happiness.
Built Curious urban design walks are a new way of seeing the built world around you.
There is a profound connection between the design of the built environment and our daily lives, including how many people we know, how we move around, and happiness. This connection is invisible to almost everybody.
Built Curious will open your eyes to the power of the built environment. With a small group, we’ll walk slowly around an interesting part of town and examine what we see in a new way. We discuss such questions as:
- How does street width affect our happiness?
- What is the connection between storefront width and a street’s liveliness?
- Is there a connection between a building’s height and strength of community?
- Last 1-2 hours
- Are discussion-based
- For all ages and for beginners with no prior knowledge of urban design
- Physically easy
- Located in areas that demonstrate a wide array of urban design concepts
For more questions and to book a walk, contact us.